How to sit easily and comfortably in Lotus position?





Did it help?

Having been born as a South-Indian, one would think it is second nature-d to know to sit in Lotus position comfortably, but alas for more than 25 years I have struggled to sit in Lotus position comfortably. My ankle joint touching the floor ended up in pain almost always.
Couple of months ago I started doing Yoga seriously and I needed to figure out a way to sit without any irritation. While I was trying to solve this issue, the thing that came to rescue was a photo in front of me of Lord Shiva sitting in Yoga posture.

The solution was so simple and was staring right at my face all this while and since then I have found sitting in Lotus position not only comfortable but also something I prefer and enjoy. I passed on the knowledge to my brother and he was pleased and surprised to know this too.

Now I am going to pass on this knowledge to you in the hope it will help you as much as it helped me.

How to do it?

When you sit down in Lotus position you will observer that
"for each leg there is a groove formed where your calf muscle touches your thigh".
  • You need to align your foot of the other leg into this groove.
    • Right leg foot gets aligned to the left leg groove at the top.
    • Left leg foot gets aligned to the right leg groove at the bottom.
  • This has been highlighted with two red ellipses in the photo above.
When this is done, you will observe that your leg stretches wide i.e. the knees move away from one another and this in turn automatically straightens your back to some extent. This stretching is important to sit comfortably and this is something we don't realize often.

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Compact Resume Template For All Your Interviews

Best Bookmark to Make Your Reading Fun And Enjoyable